~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Cloth diapering with prefolds and covers is my favorite option for newborns. It not only contains messes well in the diaper, but it is also the most inexpensive option to cloth diapering a newborn. Real Nappies has created prefold and cover systems to fit from newborn through toddler that is inexpensive. Their products even come with a "Two-Child Guarantee", promising the materials on their systems will last through 2 children or they will replace them!
How the Real Nappies Systems Work
A Real Nappies System is composed of 3 pieces, the waterproof diaper cover, the cotton prefold and the bioliner diaper liner. The waterproof cover is made of PUL fabric to keep the wetness in and clothes dry. The cover only needs to be washed when soiled and it dries very quickly. The cotton prefold is made from a highly absorbent all natural materials. In fact, the cotton has undergone rigorous testing to be checked for over 100 harmful substances. The bioliner diaper liner is a flushable and biodegradable liner to allow moisture to seep through to the prefold below, but keep messes on top of the liner making it easier to dispose of.
Our Real Nappies Experience!
I received a Real Nappies Intro Pack in the Newborn Size to try out on Cole. Obviously I haven't had a chance to try it out on him yet since we are still waiting on his grand arrival. However, I am getting his stash of cloth diapers together and I am excited about adding a Real Nappies pack to it.
Prefolds and covers are my favorite option in cloth diapering newborns for several reasons. First of all the always seem to contain messes the best. Second, the cotton prefolds help newly sensitive bottoms from developing diaper rashes much less than using other types of cloth diapers made from man made materials. Third, prefolds and covers wash up very clean and I hardly ever hear parents having stink issues with them.
Once I received my intro pack I opened it up to check it out. I love the thickness of the cover and how stretchy the waist and legs are. My former newborn covers were nothing like the Real Nappies Snug Wrap and left red marks on Ethan's legs. I can tell that this cover will really fit much better. The prefold is super soft and it wash up nicely. Folded up it fits great in the cover. The intro pack also includes one bioliner which I'm interested in trying out.
Overall the Real Nappies System looks great and I really can't wait to try it out on Cole (he just needs to hurry up and arrive!). I will be sharing how the Real Nappies System works on him after he's here so keep your eye out for that post!
BUY IT! You can purchase directly on the Real Nappies website. Right now they have a special deal on their 6 pack of Snug Wraps for $36! Great price!
WIN IT! Real Nappies is giving away a Real Nappies System Intro Pack (winner's choice of size) to a Take Time to Smell the Rose Reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-COUNTS AS 1 TOTAL: AND visit Real Nappies and tell me a fact about their products that I did not mention in my review.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway, linking back to this giveaway and Real Nappies. Leave the URL where you blogged. 6 entries! Leave a comment for each entry.
- Did you earn the extra 10 entries for the Bump 2 Baby event? Read here for the details. Enter 10 separate entries such as "I earned 10 extra entries #1", " I earned 10 extra entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Bump 2 Baby event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND Real_Nappies on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment. Please use this copy & paste tweet:
- 'Like' Real Nappies USA on Facebook (even if you are already a fan). 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry
- 'Like' Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
- Sign up for the Real Nappies Newsletter. Link on left hand side. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway 'Bump 2 Baby' post for 1 entry for each comment made.
- Place a bid on the Jeep Traveler Tandem Stroller Silent Auction. 10 entries for each bid! Leave a comment for each entry you qualify for.
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. I received a complimentary Real Nappies Newborn Intro Pack and no other compensation was received.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~