***THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED***
Do you digi-scrap?
Digital Scrapbooking is really popular. I never got involved with the traditional scrapbooking, I did do one scrapbook back in 2001 for my vacation to France & Germany, but that was it. Digi-scraping has been much more fun and had more perks than traditional scrapbooking with paper products. I started digi-scrapping right before Ethan was born. My first projects were creating his birth announcements. We didn't know the gender until he was born, so I made at least 3 different designs each for a boy or girl. Then after he was born I just plugged in his photo and stats and had prints made. I have scrapped all of my pregnancy photos and all my favorite photos since he was born. Thank goodness I had them all loaded up on my facebook page otherwise they would all be gone, thanks to my computer hard drive going out! I still need to scrap his birthday photos and then I'm ready to have his "First Year" bound into a photo book.
Why I digi-scrap...
- Nothing to drag out and make a big mess! It's all on the computer. If you only have 10 minutes to scrap you can get a page or two done, turn off your computer and you are finished. Those who paper scrapbook have to dedicate at least a day to make it worth their while.
- You can make your own beautiful customizable birthday invitations, baby announcements, party invites, Christmas cards, etc to save money and have it look exactly how you want it. I make all my party announcements. I will be sharing these along the way. I also made the cupcake toppers to Ethan's First Birthday along with his birthday invitation and the Thank You card on the mints. The sky is the limit with what you can create.
- You can make your blog prettier :-) Just about everything you see here including all my buttons I have made myself!
- You can email these photos to friends or family.
- You can create your own photo books or scrapbooks without using premade templates. One place you can create your own photo book with your digiscrapped pages is at Blurb.com
- SAVE MONEY! There is a ton of freebies online, but there also a ton of kits for purchase in just about any theme you can think of.
- SAVE TIME! You can also save time because you aren't spending the time to go shopping for papers or embellishments at a store or wait from them to be shipped if you purchased them online. When you digi-scrap you purchase it online and then download it immediately, no waiting!
The program I use is Memory Mixer it is very simple to use. If you have Photoshop you can use that. Photoshop is expensive, so if you don't have it you can download a free program online that is just like it, Paint. There are a few free scrapbook programs out there as well such as ScrapbookFlair. I don't have experience with any of the free programs so I can't tell you anything about them. I love my Memory Mixer because it is fast and easy to use so any questions you have about that I can answer.
Who is Plucky Pear Designs?
Plucky Pear Designs is a new digital scrapbooking store that just opened in June 2009 by Rachael & Kelly. They have some adorable stuff and it's exciting to see what else they will come out with next. A little info about them:
We first got to know each other as designer and CT member in the spring of 2008. We quickly
became friends. In June of 2009 we decided to do a collab together. Thus came Safari Stampede, an
adorable and fun kit that can be used in so many fun layouts. Because of the success of this kit and
our growing friendship we have decided that we wanted to form a dynamic duo. We will still be
designing on our own, but have joined together to become Plucky Pear Designs. Why plucky pear?
because we are a spunky, spirited pair of ladies. We have found ourselves a new home for our
designs and hope that you love creating with them as much as we do making them!
My scrapping experience with Plucky Pear Designs!
I was so happy when Plucky Pear Designs sent me their Autumn Hues from Creations by Rachael. The preview picture only shows some of what you get in the kit. This kit is so beautiful!
Here's what comes in the kit:
1 bead scatter
1 fabric strip
6 nature elements
1 hay ride wagon
1 wire mesh
Shadows for previews only.
All elements not always shown.
First thing I made was my my blog button for my Fall Festival! Of course you've already seen it...but here it is again :-)
I also scrapped a few pictures from the past week. I probably didn't even use 25% of all the paper and elements just in these 4 items. Click on each picture to see it in larger detail.
I am really impressed with the excellent detail and variety of the Autumn Hues kit. This is the most beautiful fall kit I have seen out there. I look forward to using it on the rest of our fall photos of the season.
BUY IT! You can purchase the Autumn Hues kit directly from Plucky Pear Designs website.
WIN IT! Plucky Pear Designs is giving away one download of the Autumn Hues from Creations by Rachael kit!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified.
- MANDATORY ENTRY-counts as 1: Go to Plucky Pear Designs and what other kit you would like to have.
- Follow my blog publicly. THIS COUNTS AS 5 ENTRIES! Comment separately as "I follow your blog publicly #1", etc.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar). Counts as 2 entries!
- Blog about my giveaway before October 16th, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Fall Festival button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain 2 extra entries each day per tweet. Limit TWO tweets a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- Follow Plucky Pear Designs on Twitter.
- Become a fan of Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook.
- Become a fan of Plucky Pear Designs on Facebook.
- Subscribe to Plucky Pear Designs Newsletter.
- Enter one of my other current giveaways and comment which one. You may earn one entry for each current giveaway you enter.
- Make a purchase from Plucky Pear Designs between Oct 7 and Oct 21.
- Vote for me at the Top Mommy Blogger by clicking here Vote must be a new vote placed between Oct 7 and Oct 21. The vote will only count for this review giveaway. COUNTS AS 2 ENTRIES. Comment separately as "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #1" and "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #2"
Be sure to read this post on how you can earn extra entries on the last review & giveaway! If you have earned extra entries, you must enter them in yourself at each giveaway.
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
Thank you Plucky Pear Designs for sponsoring this review & giveaway!
***THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED***