~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Making your own baby food for your little one is one of the best things you can do for them. Jarred baby foods can be expensive, not even to mention they are not fresh and can had additives in them. Just the thought of making baby food may seem daunting and messy to some parents. However, one step baby food maker like the Baby Brezza makes it so fast and simple to whip up a batch of fresh yummy food in no time.
convenient baby food maker will steam then automatically blend the food. Since the Baby Brezza does it all you won't have to dirty up your cooking pots and food processor just to make a small batch of baby food. Your options for recipes are practically limitless for any age of baby or toddler. You can make a simple batch of applesauce for your 6 month old or something more exotic for your toddler with lamb or turkey. The Baby Brezza also makes a Grain Basket insert so you can make fresh cereals for those "perfect first foods" or steamed rice for your older baby.
Our Baby Brezza Experience and a recipe!
I made all of Ethan's baby foods from scratch with organic fruits and veggies. However, sometimes it was a pain to dirty up a couple pots and my food processor when making baby food. Even though my food processor is small it still had a difficult time blending up the food completely smooth which was another negative aspect of making baby food this route.
Baby Brezza sent me one of their one step baby food makers to try out and I couldn't have been more excited! I created my own recipe which turned out super yummy and want to share.
makes five 1/4 cup servings
1 cup pealed chopped pears
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
Did you know that blueberries are the healthiest berry you can eat? This is a great way to introduce blueberries to your little one especially if you think he/she would not eat them on their own. Make sure to use organic berries since they are sprayed heavily with pesticides and their thin skins can not protect themselves. I keep frozen organic berries on hand at all times for smoothies so I put them frozen directly in the Baby Brezza.
First you fill the bowl with water to the 160ml measurement marked on the front.
Pour the water into the steam chamber lid and close.
Add your prepared fresh fruits and secure the bowl into the bottom and snap lid into place.
Press the "Steam Only" button until it 15 minutes is lite up. I chose "Steam Only" so I could check to make sure there wasn't too much liquid after steaming and control how much I wanted it blended. Then press the "Start" button and it will begin steaming.
After it steams a timer will go off.
I pressed the "Blend" button until I had the desired consistency. I wanted this to be chunky so I didn't blend for long. You would want to blend longer if it's for a baby or younger toddler.
This recipe was great warm or cold. It's super sweet and so tasty, it's hard to believe there is no added sugar either! Ethan really enjoyed eating it and I doubt any baby wouldn't like it.
Baby Brezza has created a nifty storage cup and tray system to refrigerate or freeze the baby food batches. It makes it a breeze to store and to reheat and defrost directly in your Baby Brezza when you are ready to serve your little one.
Overall I loved using the Baby Brezza. It made it so much easier to make up a batch of baby food and with no mess! This little machine is going to be getting a lot of use in our house.
BUY IT! You can purchase the Baby Brezza on their website or at Babies R Us.
WIN IT! Baby Brezza is giving away a Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker to a Take Time to Smell the Rose Reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-COUNTS AS 1 TOTAL: AND visit Baby Brezza and tell me which recipe your little one would enjoy. Also tell me if you have made your own baby food before.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway, linking back to this giveaway and Baby Brezza. Leave the URL where you blogged. 6 entries! Leave a comment for each entry.
- Did you earn the extra 10 entries for the Bump 2 Baby event? Read here for the details. Enter 10 separate entries such as "I earned 10 extra entries #1", " I earned 10 extra entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Bump 2 Baby event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND BabyBrezza on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment. Please use this copy & paste tweet:
- 'Like' Baby Brezza on Facebook (even if you are already a fan). 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry
- 'Like' Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
- Sign up for the Baby Brezza Newsletter. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway 'Bump 2 Baby' post for 1 entry for each comment made.
- Place a bid on the Jeep Traveler Tandem Stroller Silent Auction. 10 entries for each bid! Leave a comment for each entry you qualify for.
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. I received a complimentary Baby Brezza and no other compensation was received.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~