~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Description from website.
The true story of how Abby Johnson went from Planned Parenthood clinic director to leading voice for life and women in crisis.
Abby Johnson made a courageous decision when she walked away from her job as the director of a key Planned Parenthood clinic in Texas and walked into the office of the Coalition for Life down the street. Yet that turning point was preceded by years of searching—and a moment of pure awakening.
Little did she know that her one decision would turn into a national news story or that she’d immediately go from being a leader for Planned Parenthood to being a very public figure in the right-to-life debate.
Now in Unplanned, the documentary based on her sensational book of the same title, Abby takes you back to the Planned Parenthood clinic where she worked for years as a pro-choice advocate. You’ll hear directly from Abby how a few moments in a room of that same clinic changed her perspective, and her life, forever.
In this intriguing and inspirational story, you’ll follow Abby on a journey into her past—through her wrestling with an incredible personal dilemma and making a difficult choice—and ultimately to her current mission to fight for life and help women in crisis.
I first heard about the book, Unplanned, when Tyndale announced on Facebook about the filming of a documentary and could not wait until it was released. Now I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of the Tyndale blog tour for the Unplanned DVD! As soon as I received the DVD in the mail I watched it as soon as the boys were down for their nap. I was completely amazed by Abby Johnson's story. She grew up in a Christian home that was clearly pro-life. Johnson had her first abortion at age 19 or 20 while she was in college by the suggestion of her older boyfriend. It was then that marked the turning point about her view of abortion. The next step was when she came across a Planned Parenthood booth at a function. After talking to the lady at the booth Johnson became involved in Planned Parenthood as a volunteer. Johnson describes her work as a volunteer and how her life became more involved into Planned Parenthood and what they stood for. I think the most incredible part of her story is how you can see the small instances of contact with the Coalition of Life during her work at Planned Parenthood planted small seeds for what would ultimately happen in 2009. It is awesome to see God's power and work through Abby Johnson. Her story gives hope to all of us Christians who continue to pray and reach out to others in all aspects of our lives.
The Unite for LIFE webcast is a free webcast featuring Abby Johnson that will benefit pregnancy care organizations. You can sign up to participate on May 17 at 8:00 p.m. (in all time zones) at www.uniteforlifewebcast.org. Unplanned the book and the DVD will be available for purchase as a package deal and 33% of each purchase will go to crisis pregnancy centers like CareNet, the National Institute of Family & Life Advocates, and Heartbeat International.
WIN IT! Tyndale is giving away 1 copy of Unplanned DVD to a Take Time to Smell the Rose Reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-COUNTS AS 1 TOTAL: AND visit Tyndale. Tell me what other product you would love to have.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway, linking back to this giveaway and Tyndale. Leave the URL where you blogged. 6 entries! Leave a comment for each entry.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND TyndaleHouse on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment. Please use this copy & paste tweet:
- 'Like' Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
- 'Like' Abby Johnson on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
- 'Like' Unplanned on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
- Sign up for the Tyndale Newsletter. (bottom right hand of page) 3 entries!
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. Tyndale provided me with a complimentary Unplanned DVD and no other compensation was received. O
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~