Saturday, March 5, 2011

Project 365: Week 9

NapTime MomTog Project 365

I'm really excited because in about 3 weeks the new Canon Rebel T3 will be available. I've finally convinced hubby now is the time to let me get a nicer camera. I know it's just a basic dslr, but it's definitely a much better camera than I have ever owned and will be my first dslr! Cole can't come before I get my new camera!! 

Now I'm looking at lenses and wondering what my first lens should be. It may be a while before I can get one, but I can at least put it on my "wish list" :-) Any suggestions??


57
Ethan went to Elmo's Birthday party at Borders.
Photobucket

58
I've been wanting 'big brother' and 'little brother' t-shirts for Cole's arrival, but couldn't find any that I really liked that were cheap. I ran across Baby Fables on Etsy. Kristen makes the cutest customized iron on and stickers for babies and kids at a very reasonable price! I emailed her about having a custom label made for the boys that had a dinosaur on them. She very promptly emailed me back and she had them done in less than 10 minutes! They were $5 each. I already had the white onesie for Cole and purchased a white t-shirt (kind of on the large side) at JoAnn's for Ethan for $2. Super cute and cheap especially for being 'customized'. I also bought a custom iron on for Cole's First Easter and a pack of her monthly stickers. I will be purchasing from Kristen again :-)
Photobucket

59
Cole's official blanket (the one that will go in his baby memento box). White dot minky back with cotton dinosaur print front. I made the edging from scrap white satin. This blanket was so difficult to sew together! It's not perfect, but it still turned out cute. 
Photobucket


60
Found a baby book for Cole for just $5! I'm cheap when it comes to baby books, but this one is cute and different from Ethan's. I like the fact that you can add the monthly photos on the front cover too.

Photobucket


61
Playing golf in the backyard with Daddy :-)

Photobucket


62
He's been loving 'listening' to baby Cole the last few days. I feel like all I do is talk about him coming and Ethan being a 'big brother' trying to prepare him for the change of having a sibling. We'll see how much good it does in a few weeks when the times comes ;-)
Photobucket

63
I finally finished Ethan's baby book! I thought I better finish it up before Cole arrived. I feel so bad for just now getting it done although I was way too frazzled for the first few months to remember to do any of this lol. How can I really remember the first time he rolled over now?? So I had to take a few guesses. It was fun going through all the pictures and mementos and filling out the book. Brought back so many memories! It's all organized and packed away and that's one thing less on my 'to do' list before Cole arrives. I just noticed that I wrote down his hair color as brown! Oops, I guess I better go change that!
Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are super cute tshirts! I love the blanket too! Congrats on finishing Ethan's book; now I feel like a slacker because I haven't even started Mayer's, let alone Tate's! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I love the one of him listening to Cole. So cute. Those shirts are so adorable! I love his blanket too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Linda said...

Great pics! I love the shirts.

Unknown said...

Great photos! Love the onesie/t-shirt w/the decals! And the blanket looks great! The one of your son listening to the baby is adorable!

sunnymum said...

Nice pictures! Neat big'little brother labels too! Thanks for sharing.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great pics. I love the shot of him listening to Cole.

My favorite lens is my 18-200. You can take closeups and distance.

Shannon said...

If this is what you can do with a point and shoot, I can't wait to see your "new" photos. :) Looks like a great week!

KaeliElyse said...

What a fun little project! I love my Rebel, but once you get a taste of it, you'll want a bigger and better camera.. Beware! lol And you MUST get a 50mm 1.8 or even better {read: more expensive} a 50mm 1.4! It is THE newborn lens! It captures those crisp little details.. The flaky new skin.. The tiny little fingernails.. The itty bitty eyelashes.. BUT it also gives everything else a soft, dreamy look. You can find them used online all the time starting at about $75. You WON'T regret it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails