~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Safe and healthy food storage has been a hot topic over the last few years. Plastics containing BPA has not only been linked to cancers, but also (just recently) linked doses of BPA in children's bloodstream to learning disorders. It will be scary to what else they will be discovering BPA contributes to in the near future. Snapware has large variety of not only safe food storage containers, but also a complete line for household storage, craft storage, holiday storage and pet storage.
Information from website.
Snapware was established in 1994, beginning with just one product line—the Airtight Canister. Made from PET plastic, the blow molded food storage containers featured an easy-to-open flip-top lid and silicone gasket which created the airtight closure.
The simplicity and unique utility of the canister would become a hallmark of the Snapware brand and provide a glimpse of what was to come.
The company is privately held with both corporate and manufacturing activities located at our 180,000 square foot facility in Mira Loma, California. We also have 230,000 square feet of distribution space located in nearby Ontario, just minutes from our offices. The company is a fully-integrated (from raw materials to finished parts) manufacturer.
Committed to providing its customers with high quality and innovative designs, Snapware specializes in storage and organization solutions for the home and kitchen (dry and wet foods, crafts, seasonal storage, industrial, pet, garage, closet, and more). The company's storage brands include Snap 'N Stack®, Smart Store®, Airtight, GlassLock® and Airtight Canisters.
My Snapware Experience!
I have thrown out all of my non BPA free food storage containers and have slowly added new pieces of glass storage to my collection. We typically don't eat any leftovers, but since eating healthier I now make larger batches of beans and lentils for our lunches through the week so I am needing more food storage. I was sent the 6 piece Glasslock Set for review. The 3 rectangle glass containers are a good heavy duty glass. The lids that go with the containers are a nice thick plastic with rubber seals that run along the edges to get a good air tight seal when closed. There are plastic tabs that you fold down and they 'snap' into place. I was really impressed with how easy to use this system is! The lids are very simple to 'snap' back off.
I was also sent the 10 piece Airtight Canister Set for review. This canister set was an absolute life saver! So many things I buy at the health food store are in bulk food section. My pantry can look quite messy and unorganized with all of these plastic baggies of different food items! As you can see before I had the canister set this was my organization system. I kept the baggies in organized tubs. However it was still difficult to find the most used items like beans and oats that I reach for almost everyday.
I have really enjoyed my new canister set. I put my most common foods in them that I buy in largest bulk and it keeps them fresh. Plus they fit great in my pantry and it's easier to grab them because I use them so often. The largest canister holds 15.9 cups which holds a whole 5 lb bag of flour. I like to keep my whole wheat flour in the fridge so this has been very convenient! My favorite feature of the canister set is the lids flip open and also make a nice 'snap' sound so I know they closed completely. I want to add another canister set to my pantry soon! Just can't have enough of these.
BUY IT! You can order directly from Snapware or you can purchase from this list of retailers.
WIN IT! Snapware is giving away ONE 6-piece Glasslock Food Storage System to Take Time to Smell the Rose reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-counts as 1: AND go to Snapware AND "Join the Snapware Family" by entering with your name and email address. Leave one comment telling me you did this step for the mandatory entry.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway before Aug 26th, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Did you earn the extra 10 entries for blogging & adding my button? Read here for details. Leave a comment for each entry below as "Qualified for 10 extra entries #1", "Qualified for 10 extra entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Healthy Living Event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- Make a comment on any non-giveaway Healthy Living Event post. (one comment per post- but unlimited posts). Click here to see the list of posts. There will be lots of non-giveaway posts throughout the month! One comment on a post can qualify for all giveaways.
Please copy and paste this for your tweets:
Win a 6 piece Snapware Glasslock Food Storage System from @Smell_the_Rose #ecofriendly #HealthyLivingEvent #giveaway http://tiny.cc/Snapware
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to Continental USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
Thank you to the Company or/and PR firm who provided me with the products mentioned in the review. The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. My personal health experiences may not be a typical result for others. The information I share on my blog may not be the views of the sponsors participating in my Healthy Living Event.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~