~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
I know everyone has fruits & veggies that go bad before they can be eaten. I sure do! Did you know the average family throws out more than $400 worth of fruits & veggies each year because they are spoiled? I'm fairly certain that was me before we got to try out the MiniMate. You can now keep your food fresh much longer with the MiniMate!
How the MiniMate Works!
Information from website because it explains it better than I can!
For years MiniMate has been a huge part of the wholesale produce and the fresh cut flower industry. MiniMate uses activated oxygen technology to help safely extend the life of fresh produce and cut flowers by oxidizing the germs, bacteria and mold growing on them as well as oxidizing chemicals and pesticides. This process extends the life of produce and fresh cut flowers. It is not, however, only for use in commercial settings. Studies have shown that activated oxygen can quickly and safely eliminate the dangerous germs that may be growing on your foods, and it has been approved by the FDA for residential use. This process can also keep your family safe from food poisoning. The FDA on Activated Oxygen (also called Ozone)
Our MiniMate Experience!
I only go shopping at Whole Foods once a week and stock up on everything I need since it's about a 30 min drive one way. As you know it's difficult to keep produce lasting a week especially organic food. It's proven organic food doesn't last as long. With some items I could maybe last 5 days tops with my organic produce before using the MiniMate. The only thing that would keep longer is apples (of course!) and my large tub of spinach. I was really interested to see how long the MiniMate would keep my produce fresher longer. Once I received the MiniMate I put in the batteries and put it in my fridge to start the process. For the first few hours I did notice a strange smell from the MiniMate, but it goes away. I don't know if that is typical, but it did not bother me. Over the last few weeks I have noticed a definite improvement in how long my produce lasts in my fridge. Items such as lemons, mushrooms and peaches have lasted much longer now that I have the MiniMate. Something else I have experienced is that other foods taste better as well such as my cheese. I am very, very particular about my cheese. Once I open a block of cheese I have to wrap the leftovers in several layers of plastic wrap and then place into 2 zip lock bags just so it tastes fresh when I use it again. For some reason, cheese always absorbs odors in the fridge and I can not stand to eat it once it has been opened the first time if it's not "properly" re-wrapped. I know that sounds strange :-) Since having the MiniMate cheese has tasted fresher (even will less plastic wrap, etc) longer! This must be from the cleaner air quality in the fridge.
I have had such a great experience with the MiniMate. I admit I was skeptical if it would do what it says, but it really does! It has already saved me so much money on produce (and cheese) and now I can last a whole week before my next trip to the health food store!
BUY IT! You can order directly from MiniMate.
WIN IT! MiniMate is giving away 2 to Take Time to Smell the Rose readers!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-counts as 1: AND Look around at MiniMate and tell me a fact about the product that I did not mention in my review.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway before Aug 3rd, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Did you earn the extra 10 entries for blogging & adding my button? Read here for details. Leave a comment for each entry below as "Qualified for 10 extra entries #1", "Qualified for 10 extra entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Healthy Living Event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Outdoor Fun Event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND OrderMiniMate on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- 'Like' MiniMate on Facebook and leave a message on their wall that I sent you. 3 entries!
- Sign up for email updates. Link at left. 3 entries!
- Make a comment on any non-giveaway Healthy Living Event post. (one comment per post- but unlimited posts). Click here to see the list of posts. There will be lots of non-giveaway posts throughout the month! One comment on a post can qualify for all giveaways.
Please copy and paste this for your tweets:
Win a MiniMate to save you $ from spoiled produce! @OrderMiniMate @Smell_the_Rose #HealthyLivingEvent #giveaway http://tiny.cc/MiniMate
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
Thank you to the Company or/and PR firm who provided me with the products mentioned in the review. The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. The above review does include affiliate links. My personal health experiences may not be a typical result for others. The information I share on my blog may not be the views of the sponsors participating in my Healthy Living Event.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~