Why you should go nuts over nuts!
There's no doubt about it that research shows nuts are full of vitamins, minerals and omega 3s. A daily intake or supplement of omegas is super important to your health. Plus nuts are the perfect snacking food because of the high protein amount, a little goes a long way. My Mixed Nuts has a great selection of healthy trail mixes or you can create your own mix of your favorite nuts and/or other goodies to blend in. Are you just really nuts over nuts? Then the My Mixed Nuts of the Month Club is for you! If you are looking for a gift for a fellow health-nut be sure to check out the large selection of gift baskets loaded with several varieties of trail mixes and nut mixes. You can earn points from purchasing and referring friends to My Mixed Nuts that you can redeem for free mixes.
About My Mixed Nuts!
She came home and with a beaming smile told her boyfriend, Joe Reitman, that they should get into this custom mixed nut and trail mix business immediately! Joe, a Hollywood actor, also loves food (only slightly less than he loves Annie) and also hates some of the stuff they put in pre-packages trail mixes. So in the hopes of eradicating this serious deficiency of good trail mix in the world, Joe joined the team.
With the team in place, Annie, Ryan and Joe started MY MIXED NUTS. But who would actually have time to do the day-to-day operations? Who was the most qualified to handle all these nuts? That’s where Ryan’s mom, Susan Colby, came into the picture. If you have ever met Ryan, you would understand that his mom must be supremely qualified to handle nutcases, so Annie and Joe were sold on the idea. Susan would handle each order with care and love.
At MY MIXED NUTS we are committed to providing the best quality ingredients so you can truly have it your way. After all, that is why Annie was so excited about the idea in the first place. She just wants things her way, just like you do. So Susan is ready to get your order going. Don't keep mom waiting. :)
All the best,
The Nut Cases at mymixednuts.com
My Mixed Nuts Experience!
We eat a lot of organic nuts for snacks as well as add them to our oatmeal, granola bars and other baked goods. My Mixed Nuts sent me the Nuts for Organic and Sugar & Spice blends for review. I like the resealable paper type bags the nuts are packaged in, very nice and keep your mixes fresh. First, we tried the Nuts for Organic. This is a blend of roasted almonds and peanuts, raw cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds. My husband especially liked this mix because he just loves raw nuts and he's not too interested in trail mixes. All of the nuts in this blend tasted excellent and fresh. I would also like to point out that these nuts are not salted. Unfortunately most people who eat nuts will buy a can from a store and they are heavily salted. The salt is not good for you! Even the "less salt" nuts have too much sodium in them. When you eat unsalted nuts they taste much better and you enjoy the natural sweetness of the nuts themselves. Great mix!
The next mix we tried was the Sugar & Spice. This trail mix is a combination of roasted salted cashews, unsulphured ginger, organic vegetarian jelly beans, raw macadamia nuts, roasted salted pecans, golden raisins, Organic Fair Trade chocolate covered raisins, and organic vegetarian sunny bears. Wow, this was a super yummy mix! I tried not let myself just pick out the candy and the chocolate covered raisins because they were so good. I loved the sweet and salty (since some of the nuts are lightly salted) combination of a handful of this trail mix was amazing. Needless to say, this is the bag that was gone first!
I loved the freshness of the My Mixed Nuts and the great combinations of the trail mixes we were sent to try. However, there are so many more mixes that sound just as wonderful to try out or possibly make my own mix.........heavy on the chocolate covered raisins ;-) I highly recommend My Mixed Nuts products!
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-counts as 1: AND Look around at My Mixed Nuts. Tell me what mixes you would like to try out.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway before July 14th, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Did you earn the extra 10 entries for blogging & adding my button? Read here for details. Leave a comment for each entry below as "Qualified for 10 extra entries #1", "Qualified for 10 extra entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Healthy Living Event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Outdoor Fun Event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND MyMixedNuts on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- 'Like' My Mixed Nuts on Facebook and leave a message on their wall that I sent you. 3 entries!
- Sign up for My Mixed Nuts Newsletter. Link on bottom right. 3 entries!
- Make a comment on any non-giveaway Healthy Living Event post. (one comment per post- but unlimited posts). Click here to see the list of posts. There will be lots of non-giveaway posts throughout the month! One comment on a post can qualify for all giveaways.
Please copy and paste this for your tweets:
Win 2 big bags #organic nuts & trail mix from @MyMixedNuts and @Smell_the_Rose. #HealthyLivingEvent #giveaway http://tiny.cc/MyMixedNuts
Giveaway ends Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.