~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
What woman doesn't love freshly painted nails? Spring is here and it's time to start taking extra special care of nails and adding a splash of color. Traditional nail polishes contain toxins such astoluene, xylene, formaldehyde, acetone, or dibutyl phthalate. Did you know that some of these toxins are used in products such as paint thinners that we would never think about exposing to our skin? These toxins cause more than just headaches, some are endocrine disruptors which is very serious pregnant or not! For those of us who are pregnant some of us choose to forgo using nail polish during our pregnancy because of the harsh chemicals that are in regular nail polish. However, we no longer have to go without pretty nails for the summer (or for the delivery room!) with the non toxic nail polish by Polished Mama!
Polished Mama sent me a variety of their products to try out. I received a bottle of the Polished Mama Moisturizing Remover, The Polished Mama Protection System: Base Coat and Top Coat, and a bottle of the Polished Mama nail polish in the Craving color. I haven't painted my toes since I became pregnant because I didn't want to use the chemical laden regular nail polish. Needless to say my feet were ready for a little pampering before baby's arrival. So at 37 weeks pregnant I gave myself a pedicure with Polished Mama products! After the prep work I applied one layer of base coat, then two layers of Craving and finished with a top coat layer. All of the polishes went on smoothly and dried quickly. The Polished Mama nail polishes are amazing because there is no strong chemical smell! I was able to sit in the comfort of my living room with the rest of the family while I painted away. In the past when I used traditional nail polishes I would have to hide away in the bathroom (and breathe the fumes by myself!) so my toddler wasn't around to breathe them. My first Polished Mama pedicure looked great.
Two and a half weeks later I decided to take off the old polish and re-do. I only had little chips in the paint on the very end of a couple of toes otherwise it still looked great. I used the Polished Mama Moisturizing Remover to get off the nail polish. This is a safe gentle remover that you don't have to worry about using. It also contains aloe vera and vitamin E to keep your nails healthy as you wipe away the polish. The Moisturizing Remover smelled wonderful and it worked great. However, it did take a bit more remover to get off the nail polish compared to regular nail polish removers. I know that is because the ingredients are not harsh so this is perfectly fine with me.
I am very impressed with the quality of the Polished Mama products. It is strange to think that so many companies use chemicals in their nail polishes that are so harmful to our bodies (and to our babies in our tummies!) when they can develop a safe nail polish like Polished Mama products that work just as well!
Thank you to Polished Mama for providing the products to me to have beautiful toes in the delivery room :-)
BUY IT! This would be a perfect gift for the new pregnant mama or to include in a baby shower gift! You can purchase directly on the Polished Mama website or from this list of retailers and e-tailers.
WIN IT! Polished Mama is giving away this wonderful nail polish kit to a Take Time to Smell the Rose Reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-COUNTS AS 1 TOTAL: AND visit Polished Mama. Then tell me which shade of nail polish is your favorite color.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway, linking back to this giveaway and Polished Mama. Leave the URL where you blogged. 6 entries! Leave a comment for each entry.
- Did you earn the extra 10 entries for the Bump 2 Baby event? Read here for the details. Enter 10 separate entries such as "I earned 10 extra entries #1", " I earned 10 extra entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Bump 2 Baby event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment. Please use this copy & paste tweet:
- 'Like' Polished Mama on Facebook and leave a note on their wall that I sent you (even if you are already a fan). 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry
- 'Like' Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway 'Bump 2 Baby' post for 1 entry for each comment made.
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. I received a complimentary Polished Mama products as described and no other compensation was received.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~