Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th!

I just want to wish everyone a wonderful and safe 4th. We are so blessed to live in a free country!

I also want to share a picture of what I'm working on this weekend. As I mentioned in my recent post about preparing for Ethan's 2nd birthday party, I'm making a "practice" cake with fondant for the 4th. I've worked with fondant and gum paste decorations many times, but have not really covered a cake. I started working on the decorations this afternoon and here is what I have so far. More pictures (and better quality, this was taken with my phone) after the cake is done! Now are you curious to see what it will look like?? Me too ;-)



Photobucket

1 comment:

Terra Heck said...

I've always wanted to work with fondant. Maybe I'll feel crafty enough to one day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails