~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
About AMP Diapers!
Information from website.
My name is Annie and I am a mom to five great children, Miranda my sweet 15 year old daughter, Max my sensitive 7 year old, Liam is 5, he's my little charmer, my tiny little Nyah is 2 she is such a busy and fun little girl and my little Abby was born April 2009 she is a true gift and is loved by all.
As a new mom in the 90's I tried cloth diapers more than once and failed each time. I wanted to use cloth but lacked the support and information I needed to be successful. I first successfully made the switch to cloth in 2003 when my oldest son was just a tiny newborn. I started out with hand me downs that a friend gave me, I had to repair these diapers on a regular basis because they'd been bleached, the fabric was falling apart and the edges against the baby's skin were stiff and seamed a little uncomfortable. I finally bought some new diapers from a department store, I thought this was the perfect solution and I was thrilled. The department store diapers were a disappointment they were not absorbent, they stuck to each other in the wash and didn't even fit right, so that's when I got sewing. I came up with many different models of diapers before I came up with some easy to use, easy to wash and comfortable diapers for my baby. Some friends urged me to make some for them and a company was born. The company grew so quickly it took us a few years for us to catch our breath and realize that we had made something wonderful, something that is better for our planet, for babies and saves parents a lot of money.
I call them Annie Marie Padorie's (which is what my grandfather used to call me). I'm so happy to be able to offer them to other cloth diapering families. I no longer sew all the diapers myself, I now have a wonderful team of men and women that work very hard at making the highest quality products possible. Every AMP diaper is made in our own factory right here in Canada our employees make a fair wage and work in comfortable and safe working conditions.
About the AMP One Size Duo Diaper!
AMP one size Duo pocket diaper (patent pending) is a revolutionary new diaper that combines both the benefits of the AI2 diaper and the pocket diaper all in a one size. The intelligent snap placement allows this diaper to have three different rise options and multiple tummy and thigh settings for a custom fit from birth to potty training (7-35lbs). The outer waterproof layer is a soft durable laminated PUL and the inside is a dreamy soft layer of custom milled stay dry fleece that is designed to wick wetness away and keep baby dry and comfortable. The envelope opening is large enough for easy stuffing and is placed at the front of the diaper to make removing the insert easy and mess free.
To use snap the rise adjusting snaps to the appropriate setting and place insert inside the diaper. Place the diaper under baby and fasten the tummy and thigh snaps at a snug but comfortable position.
To use this diaper as an All in two diaper, place the insert on top of the fleece making sure that the absorbent insert is between the elastic gathers instead of placing the insert inside of the envelope opening. If the diaper is still dry replace the absorbent insert with a dry one and re-use the diaper.
Watch this informative video about how to adjust sizes in the AMP One Size Duo Diaper & the different inserts.
Our AMP One Size Duo Diaper Experience!
AMP sent me the One Size Duo Diaper in orange and aqua. I just love the bright colors I received, very pretty. The AMP One Size Duo Diaper has a very soft outer PUL and microfleece inner layer. The AMP One Size Duo Diaper is different from any other diaper because you stuff the insert through the front of the diaper. There is a nice wide "flap" where you stuff the insert into the diaper and fold back over. The flap lies down smoothly. Having the opening in the front is such a great idea. On all my diapers with the opening in the back I'm always having to tuck the flap down after I get the diaper on Ethan.
**click on photo to enlarge**Another thing I love about the AMP One Size Duo Diaper is the elastic in the top of the diaper. I am able to achieve a nice tight fit around Ethan's skinny tummy. On some snap diapers I have a difficult time getting a good fit around the legs, but not with this diaper. The two rows of snaps on top and the great elastic through the legs gets a great fit all around on Ethan.
The inserts with the AMP One Size Duo Diaper are superb. There are several hemp and bamboo inserts to choose from depending the absorption need of your baby. I fell in love with the AMP bamboo insert. It is so soft and smooth. The bamboo insert absorbs a ton! I like having the insert flat to where I can fold it to the size I need to fit the diaper and it dries much faster when I put it in the drier. In the photo Ethan is wearing the orange diaper with two inserts and the aqua with one insert.
Overall I am super impressed with the construction, function and options of the AMP One Size Duo Diaper. Ethan as worn them a few times now and we have not had any leaks or problems. I find myself reaching for this diaper first if I see it in my clean diaper basket :-)
Our Favorite Features of the AMP One Size Duo Diaper!
- The huge selection of beautiful colors.
- The bamboo insert absorbs very well & is super soft.
- The front insert opening!
- Achieves a really great fit than most other snap diapers.
BUY IT! You can purchase directly at the AMP Diaper Store.
WIN IT! AMP Diapers is giving away one AMP One Size Duo Diaper (winner's choice of color) to a Take Time to Smell the Rose reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified.
- MANDATORY ENTRY-counts as 1: Go to AMP Diapers and look around. Tell me what other AMP product you would like to try & what color of AMP One Size Duo Diaper you would like if you win.
- Follow my blog publicly. THIS COUNTS AS 5 ENTRIES! Comment for each entry separately as "I follow your blog publicly #1", etc.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar). Counts as 2 entries!
- Blog about my giveaway before February 2nd, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Read here how you can earn an additional 10 entries by blogging about my One Size Cloth Diaper Event AND adding the One Size Cloth Diaper Event button to your blog. You must comment on the post to let me know you did participate and qualify. If you qualify, post your additional 10 entries here as "Qualified for extra 10 entries #1", "Qualified for extra 10 entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain extra entries each day per tweet. Limit 3 tweets a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- Vote for me at the Top Mommy Blogger by clicking here Vote must be a new vote placed between Jan 29 and Feb 12. The vote will only count for this review giveaway. COUNTS AS 2 ENTRIES. Comment separately as "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #1" and "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #2"
- Subscribe to the AMP Diapers Newsletter.
- Follow AMPDiapers on Twitter.
- Subscribe to AMP Diaper Store Mailing List.
Please copy and paste this for your tweets:
Win an AMP OS #clothdiapers from @AMPDiapers and @smell_the_rose. Huge One Size Event featuring 22 diapers! http://tiny.cc/AMPDiapers
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Friday, February 12, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA & Canadian residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
Thank you to AMP Diapers who provided us with the products to do this review. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received to conduct this review & giveaway.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~