~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
I have reviewed several products from Tropical Traditions and have always been impressed with the quality and price. It is the only place I buy my coconut oil from! I just recently reviewed a grain mill (click here to enter a giveaway for one!) and I explained a few basics of why you should grind your own grains. Be sure to check it out because you may learn something new! Now that I own a grain mill I had the opportunity to review a whole grain from Tropical Traditions.
These gorgeous soft white berries ground up to a beautiful light flour. The flavor is wonderful as well. I have used this pastry flour in a variety of items such as my whole wheat rolls, "pop tarts", fruit breads and cookies. I also tried using the pastry flour to make tortillas and a pie crust but didn't have great results, the flour is too fine. I found that using half pastry flour and half of my regular organic hard white wheat was the best combo when baking. This pastry flour has now become a staple in my pantry.
BUY IT! You can buy directly from Tropical Traditions.
WIN IT! Tropical Traditions is giving away a 5 lb bag of Organic Soft White Winter Wheat Whole Grain to Take Time to Smell the Rose reader!
Tropical Traditions also has a Referral Program, so if you place an order with them as a first-time customer, please select “Referred by a friend” and in the box that says “How did you hear of us?” enter my sponsor ID number 6059810. By telling Tropical Traditions that I referred you, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy with your first order! This book is filled with testimonies and research showing how healthy coconut oil is, and it also includes over 85 recipes showing how one can incorporate coconut into their diet.
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-counts as 1: AND Look around at Tropical Traditions to see what they offer. Tell me an oat recipe from their website that you would love to try.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway linking back to this giveaway and Tropical Traditions. Leave the URL where you blogged. 6 entries!
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND Tropical Traditions on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- Sign up for Tropical Traditions Newsletter. 3 entries!
Please copy and paste this for your tweets:
Win a 5lb bag of #Organic #wholegrain wheat berries from @TropTraditions & @Smell_the_Rose #giveaway http://tiny.cc/TTWheatBerries
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA & Canadian residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. My personal health experiences may not be a typical result for others.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~