~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Prefolds and covers are one of my favorite cloth diapering options. I have experienced that it's the only method that works 100% to prevent leaks and blow outs on my newborns. In fact I ended up exclusively using them for the first couple of months with Cole. Nothing was working on my little super soaker man except for prefolds and covers!
I know that not a lot of cloth diapering parents have even tried prefolds maybe because they may be intimidated by folding techniques or just using the method at all. I can assure you they are the most simplest and easiest diapering options out there. I'm convinced every cloth diapering parent needs a few prefolds and covers in their stash for a few good reasons.
- Anytime my baby has developed a diaper rash I can put him in prefolds and covers for the day and usually the rash clears up within a day! (sometimes with a little help of diaper cream as well, but I haven't always used this)
- It's a great back up option for when you need to strip your whole diaper stash.
- It does not hold the stink like microfiber or other man made fabrics used in some diapers. I have never had to strip a prefold!
- One of the most breathable and "natural" diapering options available.
BeautifulBASIC 2 piece Cloth Diaper kit, for those wanting to try out the prefold and cover method. This kit includes 3 Organic Cotton Prefold Inserts and 1 Waterproof Wrap. You can choose from a boy, girl, or unisex print wrap. The BeautifulBASIC comes in 2 sizes to better fit your little one. "Infant" fits approximately 8 to 15 pounds and "Baby" fits approximately 15 to 30 pounds. Watch the video below to see how easy it is to use this kit.
Our BeautifulBASIC 2 Piece Cloth Diaper Kit Experience!
We were sent the Boy print, Rocket, in the Baby size to try out. The 3 prefolds are really soft and thick. I like the fact they are a natural unbleached organic cotton so they hide stains. The bright red rocket cover is the cutest wrap I have ever seen! All I own is solid gender neutral colors so it is a real treat to own a cute boy print cover. Nothing is more boyish than rockets on a red cover!
Cole was close to 15 pounds when we received the kit and I started using it right away. I only had to fold down the prefold a tad in the front. He is about 18 pounds in the current photo where I am using the Snappi to secure the prefold on him. You do not need a Snappi to use the BeautifulBASIC kit, in fact, it is advertised as a trifold placed into the cover to make it more simple.
The prefold is super absorbent and it is really bullet proof combined with the wrap. The material on the wrap is very pliable. The thickness of the wrap is just right, not too thick or too thin. I've owned wraps before that were not the right thickness and they were always a headache because of constant leaks or from a too bulky material. My favorite feature of the wrap is the leg elastic. Obviously Cole is chunky and it fits well around his waist and legs without cutting into him or leaving red marks. The elastic provides adequate amount of give around the legs to give a secure, leak-proof fit.
We have used the BeautifulBASIC 2- piece kit multiple times both day and night. I have not had any trouble with leaks and it supplies great absorption. This is the second Bummis item for me to review (see my Easy Fit review, I still love this diaper!) and I am not surprised that the BeautifulBASIC 2- piece kit has the same awesome quality and style. Bummis items never disappoint me!
BUY IT! You can purchase the Bummis BeautifulBASIC 2-Piece Cloth Diaper Kit from this list of retailers.
WIN IT! Bummis is giving away a BeautifulBASIC 2-Piece Cloth Diaper Kit (winner's choice of gender) to a Take Time to Smell the Rose Reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-COUNTS AS 1 TOTAL: AND visit Bummis and look around to see what they offer. Tell me a fact about one of their new products they offer.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway, linking back to this giveaway and Bummis. Leave the URL where you blogged. 6 entries! Leave a comment for each entry.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND Bummis on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment. Please use this copy & paste tweet:
- 'Like' Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
- 'Like' Bummis on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
- Follow the Bummis Blog. 3 entries!
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA and Canadian residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. Bummis provided me with the items mentioned in the review and no other compensation was received. O
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~