~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
A good set of high quality cookware is one of the most important items you will first purchase when moving into your first home or planning to get married and will need household essentials. When it comes to deciding on what cookware to purchase or put on a wedding registry, remember the saying, "You get what you pay for." is very true! Not only do you want a cookware set that is proven to last, but you also want to make sure you choose a cookware set that offers a large variety of pieces to properly prepare any type of meal.
About Fagor America!
My Fagor Experience!
Fagor sent me their 7 piece cast aluminum cookware set for review. This set is made from a durable cast aluminum that provides a non stick coating that won't peel, chip or crack and can be used on gas, electric or induction cooktops. The pans feature extra long handles and can be removed for easier storage if needed. The pots have light weight lids which are oven safe to make cooking and baking easier going from stove top to oven.
The set includes:
- 9.5" Skillet with Stainless Steel handle
- 11" Shallow Casserole with glass lid (3.5qt)
- 9.5 Stock Pot with glass lid (5 qt)
- 8.5" Grill Pan with Stainless Steel handle
- 6.5" Sauce Pan with Stainless Steel handle (1.5qt)
My cookware I currently have is the set I received from my parents for a wedding gift 7 years ago. It is a heavy duty stainless steel set and has held up wonderfully. We had a couple of non stick pieces of cookware, but like most non stick cookware they quickly got scratched and the coating started to peal. I have missed having non stick cookware for cooking certain types of meals because it makes clean up easier. It has been great to have some non stick cookware once again.
When I received the Fagor Cast Aluminum Cookware set I first off noticed how light weight the pieces were yet the material appeared to be very durable and not thin. The first piece of cookware I tried out was the grill pan. I made a grilled cheese on it and it turned out fabulous! The grill pan left "grill marks" on the sandwhich and made the most crispy grilled cheese sandwhich I have made. This grill pan is also great for making hamburgers or grilling porkchops because you can easily drain the extra fat off while cooking. The other pots and pans have worked great and none of my foods have stuck to the cookware and cooked evenly. My only complaint would be that the handles are a little long. The handles are fine if you don't have children, but you if do have little children you have to make sure they are pointed toward the back of the stove to prevent little hands from getting to them. Overall I am really enjoying this cookware set from Fagor. It is definitely a high quality non stick set that will last. I think this would be a perfect starter set for anyone getting married and starting their own home. Since my husband is a home builder we will be building yet another personal house soon, I will be looking at the Fagor appliances to put in our home.
BUY IT! You can purchase this cookware set from Amazon!
WIN IT! Fagor is giving away the same 7 piece Cast Aluminum Cookware Set to a Take Time to Smell the Rose Reader! A $250 value!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-COUNTS AS 1 TOTAL: AND visit Fagor. Tell me what other product you would love to have and an interesting fact about it.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway, linking back to this giveaway and Fagor. Leave the URL where you blogged. 6 entries! Leave a comment for each entry.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment. Please use this copy & paste tweet:
- 'Like' Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. Fagor provided me with a complimentary 7 piece Cast Aluminum Cookware Set and no other compensation was received. O
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~