~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Johnny Reid is already a chart-topping, multi-platinum selling artist in Canada and he will be releasing his first album in the U.S., Introducing Johnny Reid, on May 3rd. Reid is a Scottish-born artist that has the style of Bruce Springsteen intermixed with a little rasp. Over the last 5 years Reid has released three albums that sold over 750,00 copies and has won numerous honors and is up for Four Juno Awards (Canada's version of The Grammys).
Johnny's sound is a fluid mix of smoky Memphis soul and R&B that depends as much on the morality and storytelling of country music as it does the instrumentation and fiery performance ethic of soul. His style as an artist was developed by the influenced of his family. Reid's mother was a big fan of Stax and Detroit soul while his father loved music that told a story. He has incorporated these styles into his music and song writing. Even the song, "Tell Me Margaret", on his album was written in memory of his grandmother whom he was always very close to and passed away in his arms last year in Scotland.
Here is the list of tracks from the Introducing Johnny Reid CD
|1. Today I'm Gonna Try And Change The World|
|2. Hands Of A Working Man|
|3. Let's Go Higher|
|4. Dance With Me|
|5. Good People|
|6. A Place Called Love|
|7. Love Thing|
|8. Tell Me Margaret|
|9. A Woman Like You|
|10. Brings Me Home|
|11. Thank You|
My favorite song from the CD is Dance with Me. It is such a beautiful and romantic song! You can watch the music video below to experience it for yourself.
I really enjoyed getting the chance to review this album by Johnny Reid. Reid has his own distinct voice and lyrics that are beautiful and soothing. Because his style is a blend I believe his new CD being released will be a huge success in the U.S.
You can check out Johnny Reid's official website to find out more information about tour dates and more. Also you can follow him on Twitter and Facebook!
WIN IT! EMI/Manhattan Records is giving away a copy of the Heart and Soul DVD to a Take Time to Smell the Rose Reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-COUNTS AS 1 TOTAL: AND tell me what music you are currently listening to.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway, linking back to this giveaway and Johnny Reid. Leave the URL where you blogged. 6 entries! Leave a comment for each entry.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND JohnnyReid on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment. Please use this copy & paste tweet:
- 'Like' Johnny Reid on Facebook . 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry
- 'Like' Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. 3 entries! Leave a comment for each entry (even if you are already a fan)
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. EMI/Manhattan Records provided me with the complimentary CD and no other compensation was received. O
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~