~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Information from website.
Our story is quite simple. We had a desire to share a cloth that is better than any cloth we have ever used and was environmentally friendly. We started to do a little research and were shocked to see how people were cleaning their kitchens. We were even more shocked to find out how many tons of paper towels were being used annually (2.5 million tons) and filling up our landfills.
We are two stay-at-home moms living in Encinitas, California. Our children have begun Elementary school and we have a little extra time. We decided that this would be the perfect time to start our business.
We have been working and researching for almost a year on our product. We have such passion for this cloth because we believe that it is the best thing out there.
The idea originated when Michelle was living in Europe in the late 90’s. She discovered a product that was similar to the SKOY cloth and it was just amazing. Over time she found the cloth to be indispensible. When she moved back to the US, she realized that the use of a sponge was inadequate and the excessive use of paper towels, wasteful. Michelle searched and searched for a similar cloth and nothing even compared; nothing was of the same caliber. This is when Michelle introduced the cloth to Karen. She immediately fell in love with it and could not imagine cleaning with anything else.’
We then put our heads together and discussed a way to bring this product to the US with the requirement that it meet our high standard. Now we are so excited to be able to offer the SKOY cloth to you—which is everything that we had hoped it would be.
My SKOY Experience!
As you have recently read during my Healthy Living Event I am also making changes within my household towards more eco-friendly items. I am phasing out the usage of paper towels which I mainly use for cleaning the bathrooms. Not only am I looking for paper towel alternatives for environmental reasons, but also for health and economical as well. Since 1 SKOY cloth can replace 15 rolls of paper towels, it serves all purposes!
I received a 4 pack of SKOY cloths for review. I was pleasantly surprised with the texture of the cloths. I was expecting the SKOY cloths to feel more like a sponge, but they don't. It feels like a real dish cloth. I ran the cloth under water to prep and was amazed at how much this cloth absorbed. I love the large size of the cloth, perfect for cleaning up any mess. I have used the SKOY cloth for various purposes. I use one in the kitchen to wash my dishes with as well as wipe down my counter tops and appliances. It does a wonderful job at wiping up little crumb pieces off of the counter top. I also have been using one SKOY cloth to clean the bathroom. After each bathroom clean up I rinse the cloth well and then run it back under the water to fully absorb. Then I place it into the microwave for 2 minutes on high. This procedure sanitizes my cloth for storage and the next usage. I also sanitize my kitchen cloth every other day. While the SKOY cloth dries fast and does not harbor germs like traditional sponges do, I still like to sanitize my cloth often because I'm a germ-a-phobe. I have used my SKOY cloths many times and are still not showing any wear.
Overall I am enjoying using my SKOY cloths. Not only is this a safe alternative to sponges for cleaning purposes, but it is very environmental friendly since I am no longer using dozens of paper towels anymore.
BUY IT! You can purchase directly from SKOY cloths or find a a retailer or e-tailer.
WIN IT! SKOY is giving away TWO WINNERS a 4-pk SKOY cloths to Take Time to Smell the Rose readers!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-counts as 1: AND Look around at SKOY to see what they offer and tell me which design you prefer if you win.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway before June 23rd, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Did you earn the extra 10 entries for blogging & adding my button? Read here for details. Leave a comment for each entry below as "Qualified for 10 extra entries #1", "Qualified for 10 extra entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Healthy Living Event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Outdoor Fun Event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND SkoyCloth on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- 'Like' SKOY cloth on Facebook and leave a message on their wall that I sent you. 3 entries!
- Make a comment on any non-giveaway Healthy Living Event post. (one comment per post- but unlimited posts). Click here to see the list of posts. There will be lots of non-giveaway posts throughout the month! One comment on a post can qualify for all giveaways.
Please copy and paste this for your tweets:
Win a 4-pk #ecofriendly SKOY cloths from @SkoyCloth and @Smell_the_Rose. Ends 07/01 #HealthyLivingEvent http://tiny.cc/SKOY
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
Thank you to the Company or/and PR firm who provided me with the products mentioned in the review. The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. My personal health experiences may not be a typical result for others. The information I share on my blog may not be the views of the sponsors participating in my Healthy Living Event.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~