~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Get close to earth with The Pallina!
As you know, I love gardening and spending time in my flower beds. Having a pair of good quality gardening gloves that fit correctly is a must.
About The Pallina!
Information from website
Inspired by the idea that people who love their gardens, should love what they wear in them, the Pallina was born. With a little seed money and a lot of garden testing by our friends, we have created products to the highest standards of fit, form and function.
the Pallina goods that end up in your garden will change the way you think of gardening apparel. They are designed with care for gardeners who never compromise on quality and who believe in beauty. We know you’ll love them.
About The Pallina Vegan Glove!
The patented Pallina Vegan Gloves are durable, breathable, formfitting and washable. Available in men's and women's models and sizes.
- Teflon treated to repel dirt and water
- Kevlar stitching insures durability
- One-piece finger construction with no annoying seam at fingertips which allows better sensitivity for pulling weeds
- LiquiCell thumb and fingers prevents blisters and adds comfort without loss of dexterity
- Terry cloth wrist may be turned down in hot weather to be use as a brow wipe
- bound seams
- Internally reinforced finger tips enhances dexterity and durability
- Grommet and carabiner for easy attachment to clothing
- Non-slip silicon print on palm uses a proprietary pattern that adds durability and aids dexterity
- Velcro closure prevents dirt and debris from entering glove
- Doylon Spandex back with 4-way stretch for comfort and durability
John at The Pallina was so kind to send me the Women's Vegan Glove for review. I used their sizing guide to find the correct size which was a small/slim. The sizing guide was very simple to use and figure out what size of glove you should choose.
I instantly fell in love with the beautiful red & gray coloring and how the glove looked before even trying it on. The glove went on very well and it felt like it was customly molded to my hands. The first thing I noticed about how The Pallina Vegan Glove fits compared to any other gardening gloves I have purchased, was flexibility of the material. Also the gloves do not have a large knot of fabric on the tips of the fingers. Other gloves I have purchased do not have the one piece construction around the finger tips making them very difficult when trying to pull weed roots from the ground (especially when they break off and you have to go digging for them).
After I put my Pallina Vegan Gloves on it was time to test them out. First thing I did was get them dirty :-) I needed to plant new flowers in my 3 tiered planter on my front porch (the photo shown here). It was very easy to work with these gloves on during the process. No fumbling around with fingers that were too large or gloves sliding off my hands because they didn't fight tight enough.
Next on my list was weeding. These gloves were fabulous to weed with because of the non-slip silicon print. It really helps you grab a hold of those weeds and win the tug-a-war fight easily. I loved the feeling of the little extra padding created by the liquid filled thumb and fingers. It helps keep my fingers from getting sore after weeding for a while.
Overall I was highly impressed with the construction and fit of the Pallina Women's Vegan Gloves. Every gardener deserves a pair of gloves like these. I will never go back to cheapy gardening gloves again.
BUY IT! You can purchase directly from The Pallina. This would be a perfect Mother's Day gift!
WIN IT! The Pallina is giving away one pair of Vegan Gloves to a Take Time to Smell the Rose reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified.
- MANDATORY ENTRY-counts as 1: Go to The Pallina and look around. Tell me what other product from The Pallina you would like to try AND what size you would need if you win.
- Follow my blog publicly. THIS COUNTS AS 5 ENTRIES! Comment for each entry separately as "I follow your blog publicly #1", etc.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway before May 6th, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
Please copy and paste this for your tweets:
Win a pair of awesome The Pallina Vegan Gardening Gloves @smell_the_rose !! Ends 05/13 http://tinyurl.com/ThePallina
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
Thank you to The Pallina who provided me with the product mentioned in the review to experience. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received to conduct this review & giveaway.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~