Friday, May 14, 2010

Canceled 5k for this weekend!

I'm sad to say my 5k this weekend will be canceled. Although it may not be "officially" canceled (yet), I will not be participating. It has been raining here so much over the last few days and tomorrow it is expected to continuing raining. Sorry, but I don't run in rain and I don't want Andrew & Ethan out in it waiting on me either.

I usually wait a few days ahead of time to register for a race just in case. I have been keeping an eye on the weather all week hoping it wouldn't rain. This is the first time I've had bad weather for a race and it stinks! HOWEVER, I have already looked at the calender and I am going to shoot for another 5k on June 5th. I now have a few more weeks to keep working on my pace (sadly I had tapered this week and hadn't pushed myself). I just hope it won't be blazing hot but June 5th!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Set Apart Living Mama said...

Bummer! Good luck June 5th! I'll be praying for clouds w/ no rain so you won't be so hot!!!

Glenda

Glogirl said...

Sorry to hear your race was cancelled. You were probably all primed and ready to go only to have it cancelled. Glad to hear you are going to do another 5K race in June. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails