~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Happy Heinys one size cloth diapers are one of my very favorite cloth diapers. I am wanting to share them as my first giveaway in my One Size Cloth Diaper Event.
Who is Happy Heinys?
Information taken from website.
Happy Heiny's®, one of the largest manufactures of modern cloth diapers as well as wool and fleece diaper covers, offers a wide range of environmentally safe, economical cloth diapering products for infants, toddlers, bed-wetters and adults worldwide.
Happy Heiny's is known all over the world as a dependable cloth diaper manufacturer; the company's products are all made in the United States by working moms. Currently, more than 300 retailers sell Happy Heiny's products. Distributors are located throughout the United States and internationally in South Korea, Israel, Italy, Singapore, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia, among others. The family-owned business prides itself on providing its customers with consistent sizing, excellent customer service and more importantly superior products.
Happy Heiny's products and cloth diapers, which are easy to use and less expensive than disposables, are made of luxuriously soft, custom-milled fleece with no dioxins, thus reducing rashes. Furthermore, the products go on as easy as disposable. These unique and modern diapers are available in other fabrics including hemp and wool. For those who are environmentally conscious, Happy Heiny's products are recyclable and can be used thousands of times – a perfect product for parents planning on having multiple children. Prices range from $15.95 to $21.95 per diaper and diapers come in a variety of sizes, colors and trendy prints.
The Happy Heiny's consistent sizing diaper design guarantees that when customers order a size, that size is consistently accurate. The diapers are all handmade and quality inspected. Uniquely, Happy Heiny's wide product offering allows parents the ability to choose the absorption rate, via the diaper insert options, which are sold separately.
HAPPY HEINY'S BACKGROUND
Happy Heiny's did not start as a business venture. Linda and Mike Byerline created their own cloth diapers in January 2002 in response to the birth of their third child, Sarah Grace, who was born prematurely and developed chronic lung disease from the ventilator which also helped save her life. Due to the chemicals in disposable diapers, doctors recommended that the new parents consider switching to cloth diapers in hopes of decreasing their daughter's need for further medications and potential hospitalizations.
After switching Sarah Grace to cloth diapers, doctors documented a 50 percent decrease in her need for hospitalization and medication. However, the cloth diapers that Linda and Mike were using at the time did not fit Sarah Grace correctly due to her petite size. Further research found that there was not any cloth diaper products on the market at were made specifically for premature babies. As a result, Linda created her own cloth diapers that fit Sarah Grace comfortably and didn't cause rashes.
While Linda was sewing her own cloth diapers for her daughter, she found at times that she would have extra diapers. When this happened, she would sell the extra diapers on eBay. The sales of her extra diapers proved to be quite successful – on several occasions bids for one diaper reached a near frenzy with an offer high of $250 per diaper. Linda quickly realized that other moms were interested in providing their children with safe and easy-to-use cloth diapers. Within six months of creating Happy Heiny's, Linda began selling her diapers to wholesalers and within a year Happy Heiny's diapers were being sold to retailers all over the world.
About the Happy Heiny's One Size Diaper!
The Happy Heiny's one size diaper fits from 7.5 lbs to 35 lbs. There are four rows of snaps on the front to adjust the size of the diaper into four sizes: newborn, small, medium and large. The Happy Heiny's one size diaper comes in both snaps and aplix (velcro). There is a wide variety of solids and really cute prints.
The Happy Heiny's One Size Diaper is a pocket diaper (meaning it is open on one end) with a soft custom milled fleece inner and a waterproof outer layer. The diaper features fold back laundering tabs on the aplix version to keep the tabs from sticking during washing and drying the diapers. Each diaper comes with 2 microfiber inserts: a smaller size and a larger size that covers the whole length of the diaper. Usually as your baby grows in to the largest size setting you may need to use both inserts if he/she is a heavy wetter.
Our Happy Heiny's Experience!
As I mentioned before Happy Heiny's is one of our very favorite one size diapers and I'm excited to share with you the great features of this diaper. We first tried the Happy Heiny's Diaper in August when a friend gave us an aplix in the adorable cow print. I instantly fell in love with the diaper and not just because of the cute design. It fit great and we had no leaks when using this diaper. What I love the most about this diaper is the wide aplix that keeps the diaper really snug and secure. Plus, Happy Heiny's are one of the largest one size diaper made. Since it is larger that means that I get more wear for my money because my baby can wear it longer. Yay!
Happy Heiny's sent me a snap diaper in the butter color to compare to the aplix version diaper I already owned. I can get just the same amount of snug fit with the snap as I can with the aplix. However, since Ethan is so skinny for his age I think I like the aplix a little better because I am able to get it to fit correctly and snugly enough over his skinny thighs.
**click on photo to enlarge**
Our Favorite Features of the Happy Heiny's One Size Diaper!
- The larger size!
- The skinny, yet heavy duty aplix.
- The great waterproof outer layer.
- The soft custom milled fleece. It has not piled up.
- The cute prints....we love our cow print diaper!
BUY IT! You can purchase Happy Heiny's from the list of retailers here.
WIN IT! Happy Heiny's is giving away one Happy Heiny's One Size Diaper to a Take Time to Smell the Rose reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified.
- MANDATORY ENTRY-counts as 1: Go to Happy Heiny's and tell me which color or print you would like if you win AND take a look at the big list of celebrities that use Happy Heiny's and tell me one that you recognize!
- Follow my blog publicly. THIS COUNTS AS 5 ENTRIES! Comment for each entry separately as "I follow your blog publicly #1", etc.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar). Counts as 2 entries!
- Blog about my giveaway before January 5th, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Read here how you can earn an additional 10 entries by blogging about my One Size Cloth Diaper Event AND adding the One Size Cloth Diaper Event button to your blog. You must comment on the post to let me know you did participate and qualify. If you qualify, post your additional 10 entries here as "Qualified for extra 10 entries #1", "Qualified for extra 10 entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain extra entries each day per tweet. Limit 3 tweets a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- Follow Happy Heinys on Twitter.
- Sign up for Happy Heiny's Newsletter. (link on top right hand side)
- Vote for me at the Top Mommy Blogger by clicking here Vote must be a new vote placed between Jan 1 and Jan 15. The vote will only count for this review giveaway. COUNTS AS 2 ENTRIES. Comment separately as "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #1" and "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #2"
Please copy and paste this for your tweets:
Win #clothdiapers from @happyheinys at @smell_the_rose. Ends Jan 15. Huge One Size Event featuring 22 diapers! http://tiny.cc/happyheinys
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Friday, January 15, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
Thank you to Happy Heinys who provided us with the product to do this review. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received to conduct this review & giveaway.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~