~~~This giveaway is now closed~~~
Have you heard of soap nuts?
I first heard about them about a year ago when I started cloth diapering my newborn. I didn't have a clue what they were or what their purpose was. When I started having a few issues with stinking diapers I tried several things attempting to get them smelling better. Then I remembered soap nuts and decided to give them a try.
What are Eco nuts?
Eco Nuts™ are completely sustainable dried fruit shells that come from the Sapindus mukorossi tree in Nepal, India and Indonesia. The ones we harvest come from high up in the Himalayas and are the highest quality "soap nut" on the market. These fruit shells have been used in India and China for centuries, and are now gaining popularity in America and Europe as a renewable, biodegradable and organic alternative to chemical detergents and expensive “Green” laundry soaps.
Eco Nuts™ contain saponin, a natural cleaner that works as a surfactant, breaking the surface tension of the water to penetrate the fibers of your clothing, lifting stains from the fabric and leaving dirt suspended in the water that is rinsed away. Because Eco Nuts™ leave no harmful residuals on fabric, the rinse cycle is not needed. If you wish, you can stop your machine once the wash cycle is done and save gallons of water per cycle.
Eco Nuts™ are gentle on both clothes and skin, making them ideal for those with sensitive skin, eczema, allergies and psoriasis. Because they are so mild, they are perfect for baby clothes and cloth diapers. The antimicrobial properties of Eco Nuts™ also make them great for septic and grey water systems. But don’t expect these shells to foam up like commercial soaps, which have artificial foaming agents. Foam simply does not represent cleaning power.
How did Eco Nuts work for me?I tested them out on all kinds of laundry. First, the cloth diapers. Clean, no smell! Secondly a few loads of towels and stinky dish cloths. Again, clean and no smell! Lastly, and the one I was most skeptical to try out on, my husbands work clothes. CLEAN, NO SMELL! I was ecstatic!
BUY IT! You can purchase Eco Nuts directly from their website or you can see the list of retailers and online retailers here. Eco Nuts are on sale until the end of this giveaway. If you purchase during the giveaway you get an extra entry!
WIN IT! Eco Nuts is giving away TWO trial size boxes to one winner! Winner not only has a box, but also gets one to give to a friend to try!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified.
- MANDATORY ENTRY-counts as 1: Go to Eco Nuts website and tell me a fact I did not mention in my review.
- Follow my blog publicly. THIS COUNTS AS 5 ENTRIES! Comment separately as "I follow your blog publicly #1", etc.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar). Counts as 2 entries!
- Blog about my giveaway, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Fall Festival button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter (link on right sidebar) and tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day you tweet. Limit TWO tweets a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- Follow Eco Nuts on Twitter.
- Become a fan of Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. Link on right sidebar.
- Become a fan of Eco Nuts on Facebook.
- Comment on one of my other current giveaways.
- Make a purchase from Eco Nuts between Sept 25 and Oct 5.
- Vote for me at the Top Mommy Blogger by clicking here Vote must be a new vote placed between Sept 25 and Oct 5. The vote will only count for this review & giveaway. COUNTS AS 2 ENTRIES. Comment separately as "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #1" and "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #2"
**Leave your email on each comment**
Giveaway ends Monday, October 5th 2009 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY. Must be 18 years old or older to win.
~~~This giveaway is now closed~~~