***THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED***
My frustration of finding a nursing bra that fits!
After nursing 13 months I have become really frustrated with the fit (or rather, the lack of fit) and style of nursing bras. I've tried several brands and have not been happy with any of them. They're either too tight, too loose, the cups warp (even after hand washing them!), the wires dig into my arm pits, etc, etc...I have heard many women with the same frustrations finding a good nursing bra and end up using a regular bra. So just recently I threw up my hands and did the same. Do you know what a pain it is to try to nurse out of a regular bra?? It is just as bad as having a nursing bra that doesn't fit well!
Then I started researching various brands of nursing bras online and came across Bella Materna. The construction of Bella Materna bras appeared to be better than what I have seen in other bras.
Are you sure you are wearing the right bra size??
The customer service at Bella Materna was very helpful in educating me about the difference between band and cup sizes and how to pick out the correct size. Let me share!
- Buy your nursing bra either in the last trimester or early on after the baby is born.
- Buy a nursing bra with the same band you wore pre-pregnancy and 2 cups larger.
- If the bra band seems a little tight, buy an extender. Your rib cage expands when you are pregnant. If you buy a bra solely on how it fits when you are pregnant it will end up not fitting well weeks or months later.
- Having the correct band size especially if you are a D cup or larger is very important.
- It is also important to understand how cups ladder in sizing.
- The cup on a 38D is basically the same cup on a 36E and the cup on a 34F is the same cup as the 32G, etc.
Who is Bella Materna?
Bella Materna is the premier source for luxury nursing & maternity essentials. Their aim is to create sophisticated styles and beautifully crafted designs that celebrate a womans changing body during this amazing phase of her life.
Launched in 2000 with an exclusive line of panties that fit just under the belly, the Bella Materna collection has since expanded to include nursing bras, camisoles, sleepwear, transition, workout and loungewear all designs reflecting the belief that women grow more beautiful during pregnancy and nursing, and what they wear should enhance, not hide, this loveliness.
Using intrinsic elements of style, design, fit and comfort, Bella Materna has revolutionized the nursing bra proving that fashion and function can beautifully coexist. The nursing line is designed with discreet and easy access but are stylish, versatile and flattering during the pregnancy and post pregnancy phases.
Bella Materna products are made from high quality, imported Italian Nylon/Lycra and French Lace. All items are manufactured within the United States and are always produced under safe healthy conditions.
I know I have made mistakes of buying the wrong bra size both with regular bras and nursing bras! After reading this, do you think you have as well??
My Bella Materna nursing bra experience!
I was extremely excited when Bella Materna offered their Seamless Cup Bra for my review. This is the most amazing bra I have ever worn and that includes regular bras too, not just the nursing bras! I am so impressed with the quality and construction of this bra. The imported Italian nylon/lycra is incredibly soft and smooth, nothing like I have felt before. There is a perfect amount of 'give' in the material so it makes it feel like you are wearing a bra that is customly molded to you. Also, something I always have trouble with, is the bra straps constantly sliding down my shoulders. This has not happened once with my Seamless Cup Bra! When I was ready to nurse, the clasps were very easy to undo with one hand. The underwires are made from Bella Materna's patented "Flexy Wires" which are not as hard as typical bra underwires. It did not dig into my ribs or my arm pits. I'm convinced that women who do not like underwire bras will love the Bella Materna underwire bras because of this feature. I really wish that I would have tried Bella Materna bras from the start. I have wasted so much money on other nursing bras that I could have easily bought 2 Bella Materna nursing bras!
- Soft and smooth imported Italian nylon/lycra that is breathable and quick-drying.
- Bra straps stayed put on the shoulders!
- Nursing clasps were easy to undo with one hand
- Underwires did not dig into my ribs or arm pits and felt like they molded to my body.
- Easier to pumps hands free with this bra than other nursing bras.
- Costs slightly more than a typical nursing bra you will find at a retail store BUT the Pros definitely outweigh this factor. Like I mentioned before, I have wasted so much money on bras that DON'T fit.
BUY IT! You can purchase directly from their website or you can find a local retailer here. Save 20% on purchases $100+ using MOM2009. If you purchase during the giveaway you get an extra entry! Bella Materna also offers virtual gift cards you can purchase for your expecting or nursing relative or friend so they can choose what style of bra they prefer!
WIN IT! Bella Materna is giving away one Seamless Cup Bra! A $66 value!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified.
- MANDATORY ENTRY-counts as 1: Go to Bella Materna website and tell me which bra or other product you would like to try besides the Seamless Cup Bra.
- Follow my blog publicly. THIS COUNTS AS 5 ENTRIES! Comment separately as "I follow your blog publicly #1", etc.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar). Counts as 2 entries!
- Blog about my giveaway before October 12th, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Fall Festival button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter (link on right sidebar) and tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain 2 extra entries each day per tweet. Limit TWO tweets a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- Become a fan of Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. Link on right sidebar.
- Subscribe to Bella Materna's email newsletter.
- Enter one of my other current giveaways and comment which one. You may earn one entry for each current giveaway you enter.
- Make a purchase from Bella Materna between Sept 27 and Oct 19.
- Vote for me at the Top Mommy Blogger by clicking here Vote must be a new vote placed between Sept 27 and Oct 19. The vote will only count for this review & giveaway. COUNTS AS 2 ENTRIES. Comment separately as "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #1" and "Voted for you on Top Mommy Blogger #2"
New extra opportunity for Bella Materna Giveaway. Go Read here!
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Monday, October 19th 2009 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA & CANADIAN residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
***THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED***