~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
I love waffles and I prefer them over pancakes any day! When we travel out of town I usually order waffles for breakfast. I especially love getting waffles from a luxury hotel or resort when we stay at one because they always have the lightest, crispiest waffles. I have tried many recipes and box mixes trying to find a waffle that has a very similar texture and flavor. Every time I'm disappointed as they don't make a light, crispy waffle.
Recently, my mom was telling me about ordering Carbon's Golden Malted waffle mix online and they made the best waffles she has ever eaten. Intrigued to try them myself I contacted Carbon's Golden Malted to see if I could review their mixes. They generously sent me 6 of their mixes to try out.
I gave my parents the canister of the Chocolate waffle mix to try out since my mom was the one who told me about the Carbon's Golden Malted mixes. They had only had tried the original mix and didn't realize they made other flavors since they bought theirs off of Amazon.
Here's her review:
Then I tried the other mixes, but ironically my 6 year old waffle maker did not work when I plugged it in the day I wanted to try one of the mixes. I had to wait a few days until the one I ordered came in. However, the wait was worth it and it was nice having a brand new waffle iron to try out my new mixes. I started out with the Original and worked my way through the flavored mixes. My favorite was the Blueberry which is probably because I love anything blueberry flavored. I ended up making pan cakes with the Robby's Buttermilk Pancake mix and fell in love with it! I'm not much of a pancake person, but this mix makes the best pancakes. Very rich, but really light. I really enjoyed all the flavored waffle mixes as well and I have to agree with my mom about using the Karo white syrup for the flavored waffles. The lighter syrup adds to the enhancement of the flavors and doesn't take it away like the regular maple syrup does. However, you may prefer it with the maple syrup.
Overall I was really impressed with the quality and flavor of the Carbon's Golden Malted Mixes. They really are the best mixes I have ever tried and actually I prefer these over any waffle I've eat out any where!
BUY IT! You can purchase any of the yummy Carbon's Golden Malted mixes online.
WIN IT! Carbon's Golden Malted is giving away 1 case of mixes (6 canisters just like I received) to a Take Time to Smell the Rose Reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-counts as 1: AND visit Carbon's Golden Malted and tell me what recipe you would like to try.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway, linking back to this giveaway and Carbon's Golden Malted. Leave the URL where you blogged. 6 entries!
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Bump 2 Baby event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose AND GoldenMalted on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment. Please use this copy & paste tweet:
- 'Like' Carbon's Golden Malted on Facebook and write on their wall that I sent you (even if you are already a fan). 3 entries!
- 'Like' Take Time to Smell the Rose on Facebook. 3 entries!
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Monday, January 31, 2011 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. I received a complimentary Carbon's Golden Malted mix case and no other compensation was received.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~