~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~
Using reusable shopping bags are the hottest thing going on right now. Not only are you helping to save the environment, but did you realize it can save you money as well? Currently Whole Foods will give you a 10 cent credit on your purchases for each reusable shopping bag you bring in to use. My local grocery chain here in Oklahoma also gives me 5 cent credit for each bag I bring in. You can see how quickly a reusable shopping bag would pay for itself at this rate! I'm not sure how many other places offer credits, but it's worth asking the store managers about it and recommending they do so. Not only does it save you money, but it also saves them money. Our local grocery chain stated they spend $32,000 per week on grocery sacks for their 15 stores! I don't know about you, but that just makes me feel sick. I am not even talking about the money they are wasting, but to think how many sacks that are going out the doors of their stores that will more than likely end up in our landfills.
Now that you understand the seriousness of using reusable shopping bags I hope that you will make this change! I also want to introduce you to the most convenient reusable shopping bags I have come across made by Moukisac.
Information from website.
The Moukisac® Shopping Bag System is the result of Marie Naubert's talent in haute couture, her creative spirit and her commitment to reducing our ecological footprint on earth.
Perceiving a need for an easy shopping-bag concept, Marie combined fashion, fun, and practicality. Her design is available in a range of colours and fabrics. People can improve their consumer habits with a sensitive solution that is highly functional and self-contained.
"It's already a worthy effort bringing our own bags to the store, but what about all the clear plastic produce bags we carry back home?"
Inspired by this challenge, Marie created Moukinet™ mesh bags. Uniting style with functionality, she perfected the Moukisac® Shopping Bag System.
Born in Montreal, the tenth in a family of eleven children, Marie learned resourcefulness from an early age. Her career highlights include ownership of a garment alteration and confection shop and several years working at Mountain Equipment Co-op. And if you are wondering, Moukie is Marie's childhood nickname.
The Moukisac Shopping Bag Company Inc., proudly offers products made 100% in Vancouver, British Columbia.
My Moukisac Experience!
I was sent the Moukisac set and Moukinet sprouting bag for review. The Moukisac is the most convenient reusable shopping bag system I have seen or used. When I received it I could not wait to try it out at my next trip to the store. I love how small the Moukisac folds down and makes it very portable. The fabric is very strong and the bag is professionally constructed. The Moukisac system also comes with 4 reusable Moukinet drawstring mesh bags to put produce into. No more using the plastic baggies at the store which I know makes a lot of people happy who refuse to use those. I found the whole system very easy to use and was able to put a lot into my Moukisac shopping bag and Moukinet mesh bags. I wash my Moukisac bag every few uses and the Moukinet mesh bags I wash after each use. I hand wash the mesh bags because they are so light weight. The mesh bags dry really fast.
Next I got to try out the Moukinet Sprouting Bag. I have never grown sprouts in a sprouting bag and was really excited to get the chance to do so. You've read my previous posts about how healthy sprouts are and how they are the perfect raw food to eat. We make a lot of sprouts in our house. The Moukinet Sprouting Bag is the best way to make sprouts. Not only does the bag allow for the proper ventilation but it does not take lots of room to grow sprouts with this method. You hang the bag from your cabinet and it frees up your countertop space. No excuses not to do sprouting!
Overall I have really been impressed with my Moukisac and Moukinet products. They are the most functional reusable shopping bags I have used and I know they will hold up for a long time because of the quality construction. I definitely recommend investing in the Moukisac products and remember, it won't take long for these to pay for themselves if you shop where you get bag credit!
BUY IT! You can order directly from Moukisac
WIN IT! Moukisac is giving away 1 Moukisac Shopping Bag System to Take Time to Smell the Rose reader!
You have the chance to enter several entries by the doing the following. Each one counts as 1 entry unless otherwise specified. I am now making it a requirement to follow my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect to enter my giveaways.
- MANDATORY ENTRY(You also must be following my blog publicly on Google Friend Connect)-counts as 1: AND Look around at Moukisac and tell me which set you would find most useful for yourself & what color you would like if you win.
- Subscribe to my blog via email with Feedburner (on right side bar).
- Blog about my giveaway before Aug 3rd, linking back to this giveaway. Leave the URL where you blogged.
- Did you earn the extra 10 entries for blogging & adding my button? Read here for details. Leave a comment for each entry below as "Qualified for 10 extra entries #1", "Qualified for 10 extra entries #2", etc.
- Grab my Take Time to Smell the Rose button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Take Time to Share Your Giveaway Sunday button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Healthy Living Event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Grab my Outdoor Fun Event button. Leave URL where it is posted.
- Follow Smell_the_Rose on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. After initial "tweet" you may gain an extra entry each day. Limit 1 tweet a day. Leave URL where you tweeted in your comment.
- 'Like' Moukisac on Facebook and leave a message on their wall that I sent you. 3 entries!
- Sign up for the quarterly newsletter. Link at left. 3 entries!
- Make a comment on any non-giveaway Healthy Living Event post. (one comment per post- but unlimited posts). Click here to see the list of posts. There will be lots of non-giveaway posts throughout the month! One comment on a post can qualify for all giveaways.
Please copy and paste this for your tweets:
Win a reusable shopping bag system from Moukisac and @Smell_the_Rose Open to US & CDN #HealthyLivingEvent #giveaway http://tiny.cc/Moukisac
**Leave your email on each comment. You must do this in order to win!**
Giveaway ends Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 9:00 p.m.(CST) Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
This giveaway is open to USA & Canadian residents ONLY . Must be 18 years old or older to win.
Thank you to the Company or/and PR firm who provided me with the products mentioned in the review. The thoughts and opinions expressed on my blog are my own and are not swayed by any monetary or product compensation. My personal health experiences may not be a typical result for others. The information I share on my blog may not be the views of the sponsors participating in my Healthy Living Event.
~~~THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED~~~