Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Diaper Tips Tuesday- How many cloth diapers are in an ideal stash?

The Cloth Diaper Reporter is hosting a "Diaper Tips Tuesday" meme. This is week 2 in which we are discussing how many cloth diapers are in an ideal stash.

Newborn: We used sposies for the first 4 weeks when Ethan was born just so I wouldn't have any extra laundry to do. I realize now that it really isn't much to do, so I look forward to cloth diapering a newborn with the next baby. I believe it does take 2 dozen to cloth diaper a newborn, it seems like all you do is change diapers :-)

Infant: I felt like I went through a lot of diapers up until I weaned Ethan at 14 months. You can read my previous "Fluff Talk Thursday" posts about the specifics of my diaper stash. Ethan was also a heavy wetter until I weaned him. After he outgrew his small Fuzzibunz, all I had were 10 Haute Pockets and a couple of diapers I sewed myself. Gradually over the last few months I've added a couple here and there. With about 14 diapers I barley made it washing every other day. Now I have even more diapers in my stash I'm going every 3rd day washing, which I do not recommend especially after they start eating solids! I think that is when you start dealing with stink issues. I know I just read on Mama Liddle's blog she washes just about everyday. That really is probably the best way to go. I would suggest a stash of 20 diapers for this stage.

Toddler: I'm still double stuffing Ethan's diapers now even though he is not as a heavy wetter. We tend to go through less diapers. I think I could function with about 15 diapers and wash every other day.

I look forward to the other topics in the next few weeks! I will be writing a guest post on November 19th about "Sewing Your Own Stash", so check back for that link. Also I will be hosting a huge Cloth Diaper Event starting January 1st. I will announce all the details a few days before the event.


Photobucket
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

2 comments:

Amber Liddle said...

We had major issues with night diapers and now that Ingrid's done with her bottles we don't. Also, the stink issue is the reason I do laundry so much, for sure. It grosses me out to think of them sitting for days.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for my chance to CD a newborn either and we are double stuffers here at my house as well! Can't wait until your CD event and guest post on sewing your own stash!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails