Sunday, October 18, 2009

Half Marathon Mama- Week #7



What can I say? Another bad week. *sigh*

Monday's run got cut short because my legs and feet were just killing me AGAIN! Ok, so I had enough of that, I needed new shoes. I went to Fleet Feet and got fitted for some Ascis. I've been running for 4 years and this was my first time fitted for running shoes! I am a pronator (where your heals roll in) so I need a shoe that will hold up. I believe I have been buying the correct running shoes for a while, but this last pair was totally the wrong kind. That is why I am now paying for it with plantar fascia pain.

Wednesday I ran my 4.5 miles in my new shoes. W O N D E R F U L! No leg or foot pain and fatigue! I was very happy.

Then Saturday was my long run. I was debating 7 miles again or 8 since I didn't have a long Monday run. Well, Friday night I was dreading the long run. I don't know why. Burn out? You would think with my new shoes I would be excited for a long run. Saturday I didn't get around in time. I hosted a Halloween Gingerbread House Decorating Party and I kept thinking about all the house work to get done and the preparation before the party. I went ahead and started my run, but the combo of too much on my mind and my Garmin Forerunner only have 1 hour of battery time left on it I ran just one mile. I could NOT get into it.

So I was thinking I may force myself to do my long run today, Sunday. Ethan has been sick with an ear infection since Friday. Last night was the worse night of sleep I have ever had (even including those newborn nights!). He could not sleep and kept crying every 5 to 10 minutes. I'm exhausted and a long run is not happening today either! So I totally bombed this week.

I think I was needing the mental break more than anything. I try not to dwell on the thought of even why I'm doing this. Am I even cut out for a long distance race?
Photobucket

1 comment:

CaraW. said...

Oh girl! Don't feel bad!! First of all, the first long race like this should be trained for WITH others to make it fun! You don't have any support, just yourself. Second, you don't have any MUSIC and that really helps you remove your mind from the unending dullness of packing away those miles! Everyone has bad running weeks/days, etc - don't get down on yourself. Just try to fit the long run in tomorrow or split it into 4 miles am/4 miles pm. And GO SLOWER if you are still a bit sore/tired/exhausted whatever. It won't affect your race day at all!
Hang in there!! Think of your medal and BRAGGING RIGHTS!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails