Thursday, April 14, 2016

Spring Sewing with Puperita Patterns

I am so happy spring is here! Warmer weather brings all my flowers back to life and I start spend lots of time tending to all my roses. Spring also means the kids need new clothes because their wardrobe from the previous summer is too small! I sew all of Emma's dresses and in fact, I can't even remember the last time I bought her a dress. She has grown a lot in height since last summer so none of her dresses are long enough. Since we are past Easter I thought it was about time to get started on her new wardrobe.

Three years ago I was introduced to PDF patterns and I bought several from various designers, not really knowing the quality of the patterns since I was new to sewing apparel. I also started to learn hand smocking and some heirloom sewing about the same time and have gradually learned proper sewing techniques.  This helped me know how to find the pattern designers who really "knew their stuff." There are very few designers that I will purchase patterns from now and Puperita patterns is one. Puperita patterns are professionally graded, include accurate measurement charts, have proper pattern markings, and are just top-notch patterns. Owner, Annalisa, is very sweet and helpful if you have any questions. She has superb customer service!

click on photos to enlarge for better detail
 
Several bloggers who love Puperita patterns got together to share one of their Puperita creations today on each of our blogs. You will find a list with links at the bottom of my post. This is a surprise for Annalisa and she did not know we were organizing this.  I thought this was a wonderful idea and a great time to get to my spring sewing list! I chose to make Emma's first spring dress from the Puperita Lil Critters Romper Skirt Sewing Pattern. The Lil Critters Romper Skirt pattern is sized newborn to 6 years. This is such a darling pattern that really doesn't take much fabric even for the size 3 I made Emma. The pattern can be made with woven cotton, corduroy, denim or fleece. Since there isn't a lot of fabric in the skirt portion the heavier weight fabrics do just fine. I chose this butterfly denim for the outer fabric which gave the skirt nice body.



I chose pink check cotton woven for the bodice lining and pocket accent since I knew it would match her pink boots just perfectly. She loves wearing her boots and they actually look cute with this dress design.  There is enough ease for the dress to slide over the head and for a shirt to be worn underneath.


 The details on this dress just make it so darling! Emma is a pocket-loving girl and this dress has 5 pockets so she is in Heaven. If you haven't sewn a pattern with pockets before don't let it intimidate you. Annalisa's tutorial is very thorough and they are really easy to sew!


 If you haven't sewn a Puperita PDF pattern you are really missing out! Check out her shop and take time to visit some of the other bloggers listed below.

 Photobucket

Emi ~ Just Add Fabric     Jaime ~ Made By Jaime     Janice ~ So-Cal Sewing Mom     
Soso ~Moineau & Petit Pois     Ula ~ Lulu & Celeste     Nuala ~ clootie dumplings
Pam ~ Threading My Way     Maria ~ Fairies, Bubbles & Co.     Shelly ~ Sew Shelly Sew
Chari ~ Take time to smell the rose     Helen ~ The DIY Fox     Karly ~ Paisley Roots
Sanae ~ Sanae Ishida     Candice ~ Candice Ayala     Melissa ~ Rebel & Malice
Janet ~ 7 Pine Design     Jenya ~ While she was sleeping


4 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

A beautiful dress which looks Just perfect with the matching pink boots, Chari.

Esther Conrad Grant said...


Great post, Chari! Beautiful dress and little model. Love Puperita patterns!

Just Add Fabric said...

One of my absolute favorite Puperita patterns! I love the denim you chose and your little one is so adorable! I also love those pink boots!

Jenya @ While she was sleeping said...

What a gorgeous dress! Five pockets might be just enough for little pocket lovers :) Love your fabric choices for this little number. The dress looks super stylish paired up with the boots :) Thank you for participating :) i absolutely agree - Puperita knows her stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails