Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Emma's New Cowgirl Summer Dress

We've had a very wet spring here in Oklahoma, but now we are looking forward to a warm and drier summer! We live on a large acreage so there is plenty of room for the kids to run and explore. Since Emma is 2 years old she is simply fascinated by the smallest thing and doesn't mind getting dirty. I know this summer will be so much fun and she will enjoy....

Picking wildflowers
 


running




jumping in puddles ...or thinking about it ;-)



Playing in the mud



Riding her tricycle down the driveway


and, of course, stopping to smell the roses!


....and this Mama gets to watch it all and take pictures! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Here are a couple more pictures to show off the details of this sweet little dress I made her for the summer because it is just difficult to capture it all on a moving toddler. I used Ellie Inspired's Texas Rose pdf pattern. It's the cutest western style cowgirl dress pattern I have seen for girls sizes 1 to 16. A very easy to understand pattern and tutorial.




The pattern has short or long sleeve options. I love the button tabs on the sleeve, a perfect touch!


The skirt is 2 tiers and I added a wide lace to the hem of the top tier so it gives it a bit of a different look. 


I used fabric from the new Riley Blake line called Rodeo Rider which works excellent with this pattern. I want to make another Texas Rose or two with their other prints in this line. The fabric is amazing soft and nice weight cotton. The weight of the cotton gives great body to the skirt ruffles and will hold up to the wear and tear of a toddler.


Thanks for stopping by to read my post and I hope everyone has a great summer!
 Photobucket




I received fabric from Riley Blake free of charge and no other compensation was received from any other party. This post was written 100% by me and all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

B.A. Hunter said...

So adorable! You did a great job on the dress and the pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails