I would love to take off to Virginia Beach right now and here's some reasons why:
1. The Beaches!
- Virginia Beach has some of the most gorgeous beaches. I have been to their beaches (although it's been about 20 years!) and it holds lots of memories for me. So clean and beautiful. Plus the parking is cheap!
- I LOVE the east coast. Virginia in itself has so much to offer in its beautiful scenery. Plus it's not far away from other popular destinations spots.
- Countless options from luxary hotels to comfortable B&Bs, or relaxing beach houses. You can choose to stay at what type of place makes you feel welcomed.
- If I was writing my top reasons why I would visit Virginia Beach in order of my top preferences it would be because of all of the fresh seafood that I could consume. I love fish and I would make sure at least 2 of my meals a day are seafood.You haven't had seafood unless it's fresh from the sea!
- Deep sea fishing is on my dream list of something I want to do someday. Virginia Beach would be a fabulous place to experience this. You can also shore line fish if you aren't as adventurous though.
- Virginia Beach has a Board Walk that is 28 feet wide and 3 miles long. It has been named America's Best Beach Boardwalk. There is plenty to do for the whole family and you would not be disappointed.
- I'm a huge history buff and Virginia Beach area is a prime spot for some unique pieces of American History. I would love to visit the old Francis Land House which is an old plantation home built in 1805.
- I've heard wonderful reviews about people who have visited Busch Gardens. Located in Williamsburg, this park is packed with many sites and attractions for the whole family. This would definitely keep the whole family entertained.
- What's a vacation if you can't go shopping? Virginia Beach has a few malls and shopping centers that will fulfill any shopoholic's heart. In fact, the Lynnhaven Mall is one of the largest malls on the east coast.
- This isn't for me, but for my husband...he's the golfer and would love to have the opportunity to play on some greens at Virginia Beach. He can play and I'll hit the malls ;-)
About Virgina Beach
Virginia Beach entices visitors to “Live the Life” year-round! Located in the southeastern corner of the state, Virginia Beach is four hours southeast of D.C. by car and within a day’s drive or less from two-thirds of the U.S. population. For visitor information, call 1-800-VA-BEACH (800/822-3224) or visit www.VisitVirginiaBeach.com for online trip planning. For media information and digital images, click on www.VisitVirginiaBeach.com/pressroom. Please
follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vabeachcvb and on Facebook.
Virginia Beach Resources
More info on Virgina Beach: http://www.visitvirginiabeach.com/visitors/
Virgina Beach on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VirginiaBeachVA
Follow @VaBeachCVB on Twitter
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here