Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Christmas Craft Projects


I've been really busy the last few days sewing nursing covers and baby blankets for friends and family that are getting ready to have babies in December and January. (FYI A tutorial on how to sew a nursing cover will be coming soon!)

I've been trying to get caught up with all my other projects so I can work on my most important projects, making Christmas stockings for my son and husband! Everyone in my family has a Buscilla stocking(I actually have 2!). Have you seen these kits before? They have been around for years but they are so beautiful with all the beads. You can find a few at Hobby Lobby and Joann's, but you will find a better selection online. There are usually a few old vintage Bucilla kits on eBay too. I bought these two off of Joann's website when they were on sale.

I actually bought these kits last October, but with a 3 month old I didn't have much time to work on it. I'm also doing a lot more than what is included in the kit: silk lining, fur cuff, sequined letters for the name and more beads than the kit shows on the stockings. The santa stocking will be Ethan's and the snowman will be my husbands since he loves to play golf. My husband doesn't know I'm making him a stocking as well, it will be a surprise.

Yes, I realize I should have been working on these all year, but you know how that goes! I really have my work cut out for me and going to have to get busy.  I'll share pictures of all our stockings on the mantel after I get them done....although that may be Christmas morning LOL

Is there any projects you have been putting off (seasonal or not)? Is there a project you have been wanting to do?



Photobucket



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

2 comments:

Selina Francis said...

The stockings are so adorable! I want one.

Amber Liddle said...

Those ARE cute! I have been thinking of making a stocking for Ingrid, too, so you're not the only one late in the game :)

The project I've been putting off, and putting off, is a cross stitch i did for Ingrid while I was pregnant. It has her name, birth weight etc, but I haven't done anything with it so it's just sitting FINISHED in a closet...Talk about lazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails